Heather Maclean is an editor and New York Times bestselling author of 15 books. She has appeared on “Good Morning America,” the “CBS Early Show,” Fox Business Network, ParentsTV and Sirius’ “Dr. Radio.”
After graduating from Princeton University, she began her career at Entertainment Weekly. Her work has appeared in Conde Nast Traveler, Pregnancy magazine, NY Metro Parents magazine, as well as newspapers around the country.
Named one of the “16 Best Entrepreneurs in America” by Sir Richard Branson, she accompanied the adventurous business legend on a 50,000-mile trip around the world, alternately helping improve the lives of others (designing sustainable development initiatives in South African villages) and fearing for her own (rappelling out of a Black helicopter in a Moroccan sandstorm). She was also the first civilian mom to experience zero gravity aboard a “space plane,” an experience she will never, ever repeat. Their journey, titled “The Rebel Billionaire,” was televised on Fox TV in 2005 for an audience of 8 million viewers.
Heather is also a former Disney executive. She launched several of the company’s first, award-winning websites, and holds the distinction of being the first person to ever answer Mickey Mouse’s email.
Some of Heather’s published books include:
- Visual Intelligence: Sharpen Your Perception, Change Your Life with Amy Herman (Houghton Mifflin, 2016)
- An: To Eat, the Crustacean Beverly Hills and House of An Cookbook with Helene and Jacqueline An (Running Press, 2016)
- Simply Divine: A Guide to Easy, Elegant, and Affordable Entertaining with restauranteur Lisa Vanderpump (Running Press, 2012)
- The Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Sixties Cookbook: More than 100 Retro Recipes for the Modern Cook with Rick Rodgers (Running Press, 2012)
- The Weight of the Nation: Surprising Lessons About Diets, Food, and Fat from the Extraordinary Series from HBO Documentary Films (St. Martin’s Press, 2012)
- Fabulicious!: On The Grill with Teresa Giudice (Running Press, 2013)
- Fabulicious!: Fast & Fit with Teresa Giudice (Running Press, 2012)
- Fabulicious! with Teresa Giudice (Running Press, 2011)
- Skinny Italian with Teresa Giudice (Hyperion, 2010)
- The Wave: Inspiration for Navigating Life’s Changes and Challenges by Jane Seymour (West 26th Street Press, 2014)
- Open Hearts Family by Jane Seymour (Running Press, 2012)
- Among Angels by Jane Seymour (Guideposts, 2010)
- The Baby Gizmo Buying Guide (Rutledge Hill/Thomas Nelson, 2008)
When not castle hunting in her husband’s native Scotland, she fills her days with her two beautiful daughters, Hunter and Hadley, and son, Gavin.
My Portfolio: Food Shots
My Family: Family Shots